Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Almost there

I had my last Dr. appt today. I will be 38 weeks tomorrow, but feel like I'm at about 38 months. We have tried everything that has been recommended to jumpstart labor and nothing has worked. The doctor said it could be any day, but if she doesn't come on her own, I have been scheduled to be induced a week from today. My appt is on December 3rd at 7:30am, but it doesn't mean they will even get to me that day. I have never been induced before so I don't know exactly how the hospital works the appointments. I guess it depends on other people's progress and when they have a room available. I'm still hoping Baby "P" will come on her own before that, but if not, at least I only have 1 more week! She will probably come tomorrow on Thanksgiving, just to inconvenience everyone, but I don't care. As long as she comes.

3 comments:

Rich Angie said...

Have you tried castor oil? I know it's not very pleasant, but it worked for me!

fivelive said...

September I am so happy for you congradulaions. Girls are great. I hope you have her soon the hardest part is almost over. I did castor oil and it worked for me but I said that I would NEVER do it again. Good luck!
Carrie (Nash) Lusinde

Erin said...

It can really depend on the hospital that you deliver at. For me I delivered at Banner Gateway. My appointment was at 6:30am. We went in talked to the registration and billing people. They sent a nurse out to get us, we were in a room and hooked up by 8am. Dr. Tutt broke my water at 9:30am and I had Abby at 10:30am. Pretty easy. I have been induced with both my girls and I would not have it any other way! Good luck with her!