Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What is Sleep?

Well last night was one heck of a night. I just don't understand why our boys DO NOT SLEEP! Boston is teething, so i guess he has a small excuse, but he wakes up just crying . We finally had to leave him in his room to cry it out. And like 2 hours later he finally was quiet. Landen has only slept through the night maybe 3 or 4 times his entire life. And he's 2 1/2!
He has night terrors and has since he was a baby. He is up at least 6 or 7 times a night. I am SO TIRED!!! This happens every single night. I am about to start drugging my kids (but Benadryl doesn't work on them, I know, I've already tried.).
Any suggestions out there on some things to make them sleep?!

6 comments:

once upon a poppy said...

when you figure something out let me know. cooper has slept through the night maybe 10 times in 2 1/2 yrs. i feel your pain. my girls were angels and sleeping through the night at 6 wks.

The Jones Family said...

Its called Tranquilizer. Ya, you just shoot the needle out of a tube into the side of their neck.. works everytime. lol

Anonymous said...

I wish I had some advice. Mine still don't sleep through the night and Taylor's 3. She has night terrors too. When you find something that works let me know:)

Amber said...

There is this book called "Baby Wise" that gave us some good ideas to get the kids to sleep through the night. I didn't read the whole book just the parts that are relevant. I hope things get better. Sometimes you just have to let them cry it out and eventually they learn how to stay asleep and fall back asleep on their own. It's hard to not run to them when they're crying, but it pays off in the end. A good night time routine seems to help also.

LISA :) said...

Brecken sleeps 11 hrs every night
( I know that's not normal) and is teething! I am a big believer in NAPS!It makes such a huge difference is my kid is over tired. And last but not least you have to be strong and let them cry! Don't give in, even though its hard! Every kid is different, good luck!

Adria said...

Hey September! I also did the book baby wise. My daughter has been sleeping thru the night since she was 2 months old and I just started it with my new one..he isn't sleeping thru the night yet! Anyway, they have like 3 or 4 of these books for all different ages. Hope it gets better for you:)
-Adria-