Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Tomorrow is our 4 year anniversary (by the time you read this it will probably be the 25th). Me and Rob got married February 25, 2005, later to be sealed for time and all eternity to our boys and to each other December of 2007.

Quick version of how we met:
I was living at home and taking dance classes at CGCC. A friend of mine (Cami Herbert!) was also living with us and her cousin was getting married in Sedona. Cami and I were totally broke and needed some extra money so we decided to go donate Plasma for the first time, same day as her cousins wedding. Cami, Sage, and I head to the Plasma place and what should have been a little interview of quick questioning and blood testing , turned into a 6 hour long process. They tell you to eat and drink a lot before you donate so we had a big breakfast before we left. But by the time we actually got to the "donating" we had nothing in our system. We get started and all of a sudden I turn totally pale and start to get really light headed and dizzy. So the people in charge run and get me a juice box and some crackers so I don't pass out. Then we finish, get our cash and race home. We were already running way later than we planned and we still had to get home and get ready and drive out to Sedona. Not only that but we had gotten the time of the wedding wrong. So we had already missed the ceremony. We were debating whether we should even go, then last minute headed out the door. We got to Sedona right in the middle of the dinner and felt really stupid walking in when everyone was already seated and eating. Everyone was just finishing up and the DJ started playing, but no one was heading out to the dance floor. Me and Cami decided we were both dancers so we should go get it started and everyone would follow, which they did. Then there were these 2 guys that came and started dancing with me and Cami (Rob and his friend Matt). Rob actually went to dance with Cami and Matt started dancing with me then half way through we switched and danced together the rest of the night (even though I thought for sure he was only like 19, turned out he was 26!). He gave me his number and told me to call when we got home to let him know we were safe. I did, but he didn't answer. But he did call the next day and the rest is history.

Who would have thought I would meet my husband at a wedding! A wedding of someone I didn't even know!


I LOVE YOU ROB!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your story is so cute! (Adam has a good story about plasma too:) Congrats on your anniversary! You look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary guys! I hope it is fabulous! (Funny thing.....Aaron actually sold plasma to pay for our first date. Crazy huh! I guess plasma has a way of bringing people together!) :)

Dustin & Kylee Nickerson said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! You are the cutest family ever! I hope we are as happy as you and Rob are!

The Jones Family said...

Congratulations! wow 4 years already huh? time flies..

Sage and Kelly said...

Time flies when you're spending it with the person you love!!! Happy Anniversary!

Johnson said...

What a cute story. I'm glad you told it. Happy Anv.

Holly Janeen said...

i just have to say that when i saw your wedding dress it inspired me to use RED in mine. i love your dress so much :)

Valerie said...

I love that story.... I was living with Rob at that time. He came home and told me all about this really cute girl he met at this wedding. He said you lived down here in queen creek and I asked what your name was he said September. I was like hmmmm I only knew one September so I kind of discribed you to him. Anyways I had my yearbook handy and to my AMAZEMENT when I found you he was like oh my gosh that is HER! Rob is a great guy and is pretty lucky to have found you! Congrats on your guys anniversary... I cant believe it has been 4 yrs.