Thursday, March 5, 2009

Boys Room

If you know Landen, you know how OBSESSED he is with animals. Especially safari animals. He thinks he's an elephant. I hadn't done anything with the boys room, so I decided to give them a safari -type -theme. It's still a work in progress. But decorating can get REALLY expensive, so I got creative. I knew I wanted their names on the wall somehow, but to buy those "hanging letters" would cost me around $68 or so at $6 a piece. No way. So this is what I came up with, for MUCH cheaper!



I got the frames at Walmart for $1.50-$2.00 a piece, got on the computer and designed a safari background and printed it off, went to HOBBY LOBBY and got the scrapbook paper in zebra and giraffe print for under $1 total for all of it, and bought the matching ribbon on sale for $3 total and Wahla!
This lamp I got at Good Will. It was all white and plain (I should have taken a before pic) but the exact size and style I was looking for. So I used the leftover giraffe print paper and covered the lamp then added some ribbon for the finishing touches. It turned out pretty cute, as long as you dont look to close (lots of flaws!). But at least the boys are proud of their room.

6 comments:

As Told By Molly said...

Super crafty! Way to go.

I've been meaning to write and say thank-you for all your name suggestions on my blog. I loved seeing your new comment and new ideas. It meant a lot to me. So thanks.

I want to still auditon for Joseph. I talked to one of the producers and she said that there would be a standing chior (sort of like a gospel type chior). I think I can pull that off with a pregnate tummy!

How you and Rob meet would make an awesome Love Story - you should get that on tape. :)

And I hope your headaches are cured for your trip to Disneyland!!

Katie said...

DECORATING GENIUS! I never find good lamps at goodwill. Which one did you go to?

Sage and Kelly said...

VERY VERY cute!!a

Anonymous said...

Look at you Tember, all creative and crafty! I love it:) Those are way cute!!!

A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A said...

Very creative and SO stinking cute!!