Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A touch of Girly

Since our carseat that we used with Landen and Boston is still in awesome condition, we figure there is no reason to spend the money on a new one. The only problem is that the first 2 little ones were boys and this one is not. I didn't want to spend the money on a new carseat cover cause those can get pretty pricey too, so I looked in my craft closet to see if there was anything I could do to girly up the seat a little bit.


I barely sew, and the little bit I do is just self taught through trial and error. So I took some pink & white ribbon that I had and sewed it together width-wise. Then cut some elastic about 2/3 the length of the ribbon. I stretched it out and sewed it to the ribbon so that it would give it a bunchy effect. Now the pain in the butt part was that my carseat shade cover does not come off, so I had to hand sew each piece of ribbon onto the cover. I added a couple bows and this is what I got.
BEFORE
( The best picture I had of the carseat. That cutie is Landen by the way!)

AFTER






Definitely not Project Runway worthy, but it came out a lot better than I expected it to. And it was FREE!


It doesn't match the bottom part of the carseat and there isn't much I can do about that, but at least you will be able to tell it's a little girl in the seat!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tem...that looks awesome! Great thinking! No one will notice the bottom doesn't match cause a cute little baby girl and girly blankets will be in the seat!

The Jones Family said...

what a cute idea!! Ya, i tried to get a carseat that could be used for a boy or girl becuase I didnt' want to have to buy a new one either!