Monday, August 4, 2008

FAMILY HOME EVENING

We had our first ACTUAL Family Home Evening tonight. HOORAY! I did a lesson on Noah's Ark and the boys loved it. We started out singing Popcorn Popping and Landen copied the whole thing, but Boston was grumpy and just had a scowl on his face the whole time. Then Landen said the prayer and then I pulled out the lesson. I told them the story of Noah (very quickly because Landen was practically jumping up and down waiting for the animals) and then they got to fill the ark with the animals. Landen was elated. It's amazing how much he LOVES animals. He can name off just about any animal you show him a picture of, no matter how abstract, it baffles me.

We gave Boston Noah to put in the Ark.

But he decided to just eat him instead. The flood was nothing compared to the mouth of Boston.

We finished with a kneeling family prayer and then had ice cream and watched Enchanted. I really enjoyed it and I'm glad Landed is getting to the age where he can enjoy and learn things from the lessons too. I just hope I can be a good example and make sure I'm teaching my kids all that I can.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Ha ha ha! I love seeing all the pictures of Boston with something in his mouth!

As Told By Molly said...

What a good mama! You deserve a pat on the back. Our FHE this week was visiting Nana. That counts, right?

September Chiste said...

Yeah, one of these days I will put up a collage just of pics with Boston putting things in his mouth, there would be a LOT of pictures there!

Molly visiting Nana totally counts!!! LEt's see how long my "lessons" actually last!

Ashley (Belnap) Whiting said...

TEMBER!!! I saw you left a comment on Heather's blog, how the heck are you girl?! We so need to get together, where do you live?

The Jones Family said...

Aww I can't wait to have FHE.. kids love it! Good for you!