Sunday, August 3, 2008

Twilight


So I am clearly behind when it come to being with the "in crowd". It seemed like everyone was going crazy over this thing called Twilight and Breaking Dawn and yada yada yada and I had no idea what everyone was talking about. I didn't even know it was a series of books. But with a lot of *urging* from a certain friend (APRIL :D) and since my sister conveniently has the entire series already, I decided to start reading it. I just finished the first book Twilight, and it was pretty good. The story itself was really good and interesting (it's about vampires, but in a tasteful way) but you can tell it's the authors first book. Some of the sentences I had to read a couple of times because of the way the author worded things. I am a pretty good reader, but this book took me longer than expected to read, not because of the story but because of the actual "literation" of the book. Still, I enjoyed it and am ready to move onto the next book of the series. Tell me your thoughts, whether you have read the book or not, I am curious as to what your reactions are to this book or series.

4 comments:

A said...

HAHA :D

Hooray you are catching up with the times!

Katie said...

I'm fighting it!

September Chiste said...

Give in Katie! The books are good, just don't become obsessed. I enjoy them, but I'm DEFINITELY NOT obsessed!!

The Jones Family said...

that's soo funny that you have a post about Twilight on here.. I was just doing research on the net to find out what they were about. i have been real sick lately and all i have been doing is reading and I read so fast that I keep running out of books! So, I was going to go buy the Twilight series cuz I heard so much about them. I was alittle hesitant when i heard it was about vampires, but then when i read it was a love story, i was sucked in.. i am a sucker for love stories! So, I am going to buy the series today.