Friday, September 5, 2008

Shots

I hate it when the boys have to get shots. I know it's for their own protection but it is just SO SAD! Today we took Landen and Boston both to the Dr. for their checkups, and Landen doesn't have to get any more shots until he starts kindergarten, but Boston was getting 4 today. Or so I thought. I scheduled the boys' appts. a long time ago and the doctors office has called and made us reschedule twice (SO IRRITATING!!), so by the time they finally got in to see the doctor they were a couple months late on their appointments. So after the doctor comes in and checks out the boys (which they are both doing just perfect!) she tells me that Boston is going to be getting 5 shots because he is behind now AND he needs to get a hemaglobin(SP?) test, so he has to get his finger poked too. AND Landen also has to get his finger poked! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I was sad Landen had to get his finger poked, but POOR BOSTON! So the nurse came in to give the shots and we told her to do Landen's finger first because we figured he would be a dramatic mess afterwards. The nurse cleaned the area and we all braced ourselves, but as we watched in AMAZEMENT, he didn't even make a peep! He thought it was cool when he saw the drop of blood she squeezed out!!! Who is this kid?! Boston reacted the SAME WAY, to the finger poke that is. The shots were a different story. He was shaking he was crying so hard. I felt like a horrible mother putting my baby through that, but I know it's what I need to do. No matter how hard. Boston came home and took a really long nap and he is doing really well now. We will see how he does tomorrow. But the good news is that Boston only needs one more shot then our family is DONE with shots till the boys start school. WOO HOO!!

No comments: